SJ BUILDING, PLUMBING AND HEATING LIMITED we are able to carry out a reliable, high-cost, cost effective installation and repair boilers in Northampton. We never mislead or oversell, offering you the best installation and repair boilers in Northampton.
We install all major boiler brands ( Vaillant, Worcester, Viessmann, Ideal , Atag , Ariston , Baxi, Glow-worm , Main , Vokera, potterton ,etc). Since the installation of a boiler is a significant undertaking, we have put together a list of FAQs for our customers to help guide your decision. When it comes to choosing the best boiler for your property we may ask you a few questions to determine the best possible boiler system for your home.
As well as our provisions for providing general plumbing services in Northampton. We can provide professional suggestions to improve your central heating so you enjoy the most from your system. Looking to upgrade your old boiler to a new energy efficient condensing boiler, our approach ensures that all aspects of the job are handled by fully qualified, experienced and qualified tradesmen.
Most people don’t think about their central heating arrangements as long as these are working, or they realise that the cost of their heating bills has jumped up.
Switching energy suppliers will help you to reduce fuel bills. But is there anything else can you do about this? Yes, actually there is quite a lot.
Common signs that your central heating system could benefit from power flushing include:
- Cold spots on your radiators.
- Discolored water when you bleed the radiators – and in severe cases when you run the tap.
- Noise from the boiler unit or the circulation pump.
- Poor or non-existent hot water, even when the system has been running for a while.
- Rush on or around the radiators.
- Takes longer to heat up your home then usual.
You’ll undoubtedly make savings if:
- You haven’t power flushed your system in the last 2 years.
- You haven’t got thermostatic valves and a controller fitted.
- Your boiler is over 10 years old.
- Your boiler hasn’t been regularly serviced.
Even if your system isn’t that old but you may have noticing that your radiators aren’t as hot as they were, or that they’re uneven in temperature. Powerflushing is a quick and easy fix. It will remove the sludge from your system, resulting in an immediate increase in efficiency which means cheaper energy bills. And it’ll put less strain on the central heating system, making it less likely to break down and require costly repairs.
A simple powerflush can save you hundreds of pounds – and that’s just for starters!
Other heating efficiency improvements include:
- Adding in thermostatic controls and valves to maintain your heating at the optimum temperature, thus saving energy by ensuring your boiler is only working as much as it has to and thereby reducing your energy costs further.
- Fitting a magnetic filter which will help to keep your boiler clear of debris. (If your boiler is getting on, you’ll never achieve the high efficiency ratings, and cost savings, that a new combination boiler will give you).
Why not have one of our Northampton engineers give you a system of heating efficiency analysis and find out where you can save money by taking energy-efficient measures and instead reduce your fuel bills?Our comprehensive heating Efficiency Survey covers all central heating related items, including boiler inspection and efficiency, tanks, radiator valves and thermostats, controls. We’ll list our recommendations and the approximate savings we think you’ll make on your heating bill.
You don’t have to implement all our recommendations at once. Our engineers will advise you on the best and most economical way to upgrade your central heating system.